Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 4 EOC: Advertising is based on Happiness

I have been Dj-ing for over 12 years now and I have played on a plethora of Dj mixers in my day. Many of which have been cheep or what many industry professionals would call “Budget Mixers”. “Budget Mixers” are great for the crazy house party's where you know that there are going to be a risk of someone mistakenly spilling their adult beverage all over the “wheels-of-steal”. But the problem with that choice of musical, mixing, apparatus is that the quality of the sound. On the other hand, if its studio quality sound you desire there is always the $6,000.00 “Allen & Heath”. You do get what you pay for when it comes to professional Dj mixers.

In 2002 I purchased a “Pioneer DJM-600” 4-Channel Dj mixer at the “Mobile Beat” Dj trade show at the “Tropicana Convention Hall” for $900.00 cash directly from a pioneer representative. The thing originally went for $1200.00 in a retail store. Let me just say that this sturdy music blending tool has seen allot of abuse. It has been through a number of clubs, party's and events on and off the “Las Vegas Strip” and beyond. I love this mixer, it works flawlessly and allows me to be creative by expressing myself as a Dj with ease to this day.


Throughout the years as a Dj on the scene I have often required the functionality to record and then listen later to many of my performances. And a great solution for that need is the ability to listen to the weekly recordings without having to go through countless audio CDs by using an “iPod” or a “iPhone” via a “”FM Modulator”. This handy device allows you to wirelessly play back the music or audio on your “i-device” through the FM radio in your car stereo. Well I have bought many. And one brand in particular is a “Belkin” wireless FM modulator. This piece of junk, I went through at least four of them. And its always the same thing with each one.The cord that attaches to the i-device gets a short right near the plug. Now I’m not hard on them, they all fail the same way. And each one cost me about $100.00! ;-(